Three Nut Basil Pesto Pasta
- Cherry tomatoes, quartered or whole, approximately 1 cup (quantity as desired)
- 6 asparagus stalks, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 cups raw pine nuts
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan sea salt
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
Spiralize zucchini and set aside.
Combine ingredients in a food processor until well blended and set aside.
Now it’s time to build your dish. Place the zucchini in a large bowl and combine with the pesto and top with the cherry tomatoes, asparagus, and cilantro.
Alternately, you can serve all parts of the recipe separately, so when you have guests over you allow them to build the dish themselves! Place the zucchini on a plate (of greens, if desired), add a spoonful of pesto (amount depends on how much they like pesto), and top with the tomatoes, asparagus, and cilantro.
Lisa Montgomery is a Certified Raw Chef Instructor and the author of nine cookbooks. You can find this recipe in her book Vegan Challenge.