Spinach and artichoke dip
An EveryDay Vegan
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup tightly packed baby spinach, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked for at least four hours if using a regular blender
- 1 cup water
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice from a lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, about three cloves
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Place cashews in a blender and pulse blend medium until chopped as much as the blender will allow. If using a high speed blender, can skip soaking the cashews.
Add everything but the artichokes and spinach. Blend on high speed until very smooth. Add extra water if using a regular blender, two tablespoons at a time, if not blending well. Use no more than another half a cup of water.
If using a high speed blender, blend like making a soup till smooth and hot.
If using a regular blender, move cashew sauce to a pan and cook, stirring continuously, on medium heat until thick and hot.
Place artichokes and spinach in a large bowl. Pour cashew sauce over the vegetables and mix.
Serve hot with bread and/or raw vegetables.