STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
- 6 medium portobello caps
- 12 oz silken tofu
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese, store bought or use this awesome recipe
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh or dried parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh or dry cut chives
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 sprigs of each: fresh basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme or 1 tsp of each if using dried
- Vegan mozzarella shreds
- Bread crumbs
Mash the tofu with the cream cheese, yeast, salt, herbs, and spices. If using fresh basil, oregano, rosemary or thyme, remove from stems and set aside.
Place portobello caps upside down on a cookie sheet and fill with the creamy filling. If using fresh herbs, sprinkle them on top. Sprinkle mozzarella shreds across the tops of each and then sprinkle bread crumbs.
Bake at 400 for 15 mins or until mozzarella is melted. Enjoy!
Leila Vaughan has been vegan since 2001 and is passionate about helping other people go vegan. Leila is a mom to a vegan child and works as a nonprofit and tax attorney. She is a co-founder of Peace Advocacy Network.