BASIC TOFU SCRAMBLE
- 1 tbsp oil (if oil free you can sub with 2-3 tbsp of vegetable broth)
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 1-2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 heaping tsp Turmeric
- 1 heaping tsp Adobo seasoning (you can sub with cumin)
- 1 tsp Granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp Braggs liquid amino or soy sauce
Heat up the oil on a skillet.
Add tofu (breaking it apart with your hands).
Cook tofu until it starts to get hints of golden color in it (about 5-7 minutes). Add chopped garlic and cook for another minute or two.
Add spices to the tofu and cook for another minute or two until combined.
Serve over potatoes or beans, or inside of a burrito!
Jeesely Soto joined the PAN board in 2016. She and her husband are graduates of the Phoenixville Vegan Pledge. She is co-founder and co-organizer for Phoenixville VegFest, a vegan food and street festival. She loves to cook and loves the challenge of veganizing dishes. You can find more of her recipes on her Instagram or her Tik Tok.